Unclaimed Money

Unclaimed Money
(0 Reviews, 0 out of 5 Stars)
Unclaimed Money 0 out of 50 based on 0 voters.

There is unclaimed money which may belong to you, your family and friends. Most of this money is held by the federal government and the state governments. Banks, credit unions, corporations, companies and other organizations are required to hand over the money to the government. This money includes

- Bank savings and checking accounts
- utility deposits
- unclaimed wages
- dividend checks
- court payments
- forgotten apartment deposits
- lost insurance refunds
- unclaimed life insurance payments
- tax refunds and others

This money is put in accounts which earn interest by the state governments.

The federal government holds Veteran benefits, unclaimed tax refunds, US savings bonds and other unclaimed money. Most people do not know how much unclaimed money they are owed or how to claim it online. This money therefore remains unclaimed. There are federal government and state government databases which can help you find out how much money you are owed.

Start your search in the website provided by the state where you live currently. Next, search the states where you previously lived and the states where your ancestors used to live. Search as many states as possible. Many companies and corporations may have transferred the unclaimed money, assets and properties to the states where they are incorporated. Search the federal government unclaimed money website if you have-:

- US Savings Bonds and you don't receive interest
- if you have not received IRS income tax refund checks 
- if you have pension funds
- bank accounts with banks which have been turned over to the government 

When you search start with your initial name and check the misspellings of your name. The initial name may have been wrongly spelt which may have contributed toward the money being held. Search the previous initial name like your maiden name which you changed when you were married. Search your initial name with your first initial. Check your initial name with the first name. Add your middle name and search broadly to see if your name was inaccurately spelt. Money may be unclaimed if your initial name, first name or middle name had misspellings or when the address was incorrect or illegible.
The state and federal government search websites are free. When you search and find unclaimed money which belongs to you. You will need the evidence to prove that the unclaimed money belongs to you or it belonged to someone and you are the heir. This evidence may include your birth certificate, tax records and returns, death certificates, the Will, life insurance policies etc. However they may not have all the unclaimed money records. You can therefore pay other websites to search thoroughly.

The free databases for state and federal government agencies show your name and display the dollar amounts which you are owed and which you can claim. Each stat has its own laws governing how the money is to be claimed. You can submit an online claim form to the government agencies.

Last modified onTuesday, 02 April 2013 23:57
More in this category: « Option Analysis Stock Screening »

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.

back to top